Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mubarak the end is Near



Today is an important day in Egyptian history. Today is the day that the Egyptian nation finally takes a stand demanding an end to President Hosni Mubarak's 30 year dictatorial regime. That's right, THIRTY years.. since 1981!  


"This is the first time I am protesting, but we have been a cowardly nation. We have to finally say no," said 24-year-old Ismail Syed, a hotel worker who struggles to live on a salary of $50 a month.


Thousands of protesters surrounded the streets of Egypt on January 25, 2011  in an attempt to express their rage over government corruption and the failing economic policies. The Egyptian nation needs security, they need assurance, this is the key to building a proper nation. We don't have health insurance, we don't have education, we don't have jobs, we don't have proper salaries, we barely even have food to feed the nation. WE HAVE NOTHING!
 It's hard to believe that in the days of Anwar El-Sadat (former Egyptian president), Egypt was known for its power and its riches - now people can barely feed themselves. This needs to end, the dictatorship ends here. Egyptian activist Mohamed El Baradei took to his twitter to talk about the issues of the protest and the president.
"I sympathize with you because sometimes you are asked to do things that you do not want to do.One day, I hope that you will regain your role as the protectors of the people; rather than protectors of ... fraud elections. I am sure that every one of you deep inside is looking forward to the day that his role will again be with the people and a part of them, rather than against them.Threats of violence against participants in peaceful demos reveal the ugly face of a regime terrified of its own people"
Now is the time to stand up for your rights, stand up for your freedom stand up for your family, stand up for your people, STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN. Enough is enough Mubarak we are no longer going to tolerate a leader that cares more about his pay cheque then he does about his country and his people. He is not a leader, he is a COWARD. Its time to see a brighter and happier Egypt. 


Unfortunately I am currently not in Egypt and unable to physically support my brothers and sisters. However, I am with them in spirit. We will be having a peaceful awareness protest in downtown on Saturday January 29 2011. We are here standing in solidarity with you, supporting your struggle for a free and honorable living, democratic governments and human rights. We are here to raise awareness in Canada and to tell the Egyptian regime that we are all watching and their cries against the people will not be tolerated.
 If you would like to support Egypt please visit the event page at : http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185655478122291


I cannot express to you enough how proud I am of all the Egyptian people for taking a stand. You are all heroes and you are all brave your cries have been heard and the whole world is standing be your side. We love you and we will always support you. Change is on its way.


I dream of an Egypt where everyone is treated equally. I dream of an Egypt where freedom is a right. I dream of an Egypt where there is no discrimination. I dream of an Egypt without a corrupt government. I dream of an Egypt where each person is treated like a human and the government actually gives a shit about each person. I dream of an Egypt where people can afford to raise a healthy family, where people have enough money to feed their children. I dream of an Egypt that provides education for it's children. I dream of an Egypt where there is insurance and assurance. I dream of an Egypt that has the funds and the medication to save as many sick lives as possible. I dream of a peaceful Egypt. I dream of an Egypt where freedom of speech is encouraged. I dream of an Egypt that has job opportunities and an acceptable salary. I dream of a poverty-free Egypt. I dream of an Egypt with a leader that we can respect. I dream of an Egypt without Hosni Mubarak. 


                            I love you so much Egypt  

3 comments:

  1. When I read about the wants and dreams you have for your country it re-emphasizes, to me, how wonderful it is to be Canadian. What we take for granted; 95% of the world can only wish for. Our most challenging day would be a glorious day for so many in the world who are oppressed or poorly governed. I pray for a world where everyone will have what you dream of for Egypt. Sadly, peaceful change is rare but my hope is that Egypt, Haiti, Tunisia and other hotspots around the world move to more equal/fair societies in a bloodless and comprehensive way. Good luck in your quest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very lucky to be living in Canada. I wish I was physically in Egypt right now to support this rally. I would literally give my life to save my country because it is such a beautiful place with beautiful culture and beautiful people. I hope that one day my dreams can come true. Thanks for your comment and support Papa Hendo! I will keep everyone posted about the events taking place in Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egypt is our Jewel, and the Egyptians will protect it whatever the costs. It's a beautiful country filled with many riches and it will be saved. I am proud of the Egyptians' strength and solidarity. These people are not after money or any sorts of riches, these people are policing and protecting their country, their homes, and their people. Their concern is their country before themselves. They wish to bring the beauty, greatness, and freedom back to our nation.
    الله ينصرهم
    Also I am deeply moved by the Arabs and non-Arabs, Muslims and non-Muslims who are standing up for peace and freedom worldwide.
    God Bless

    Thank You Dina for spreading awareness!!

    ReplyDelete