Monday, January 31, 2011

To the People That I Love


Today, is the million man march in Egypt. I am sitting here trying my very best to stay awake, knowing how tired I will be in the morning because this is by far the most incredible thing I have seen to come from the Egyptian nation in a long time. The video I posted today, literally took my breath away. It is amazing to see the people of Egypt uniting together to make a change, whether it be to fight for liberty or to continue to take care of their country. I haven't seen this sort of dedication and commitment from an entire nation before and it really is heart warming to see this. Well done Egypt, no matter what, you will always be our jewel.
I have compiled a few photos that I found of my courageous brothers and sisters at home which blew me away:

Injured protesters

Egyptian women mourning and fighting for the rights of the
 martyrs who lost their lives during the revolution.

An Egyptian woman flees as Egyptian anti-riot police
 clash with protesters in Cairo, Egypt. Jan 28 2011

An Egyptian woman confronts riot police during anti-Mubarak
 demonstrations in Cairo. (Credit: Victoria Hazou AP/SIPA press)


An Egyptian anti-government activist kisses a riot
 police officer (her son) following clashes in Cairo. Jan 28, 2011

Credit for Photo: Toronto Star
 I decided to write this post and dedicate it to every protester in the streets of Egypt, every martyr that sacrificed their life for the freedom of the people. This post is dedicated for every Egyptian who is fighting for their rights, who has fought for their rights, who is fighting for change. This is for all the Egyptians who are not
afraid.

Though I may not know you personally, and though I may never see you in my life, I want you to know that your acts of bravery and courage will not go unnoticed. You are our heroes, you are the reason that Egypt is still alive and because of your courage and bravery, you are the reason that Egypt will continue to be the beautiful country that it is and will continue to rise and stay alive. Thank you! Thank you for taking a stand and thank you for speaking your mind and thank you for being the amazing individuals that you are. I wish I was in Egypt right now to fight this battle with you to be a part of you and to be the change I want to see in my home. I apologize on behalf of myself and on behalf of all Egyptians living abroad that we could not physically be there to help you fight. You are always in our thoughts, in our minds, in our prayers and in our hearts and we have done our very best to make sure that you are not forgotten and that the world has heard your cries. We have had our own rallies and protests all around the world, in support of your cause. You are not alone. I am proud of every Egyptian who has taken this stand, you will soon see, the world is by your side.
And though I may not know you personally, and though I may never see you in my life, I want you to know that I love each and everyone of you.

3 comments:

  1. Batates would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A picture is really worth 1000 words.
    Great post, D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post! Your passion and that of your fellow Egyptians is a formidable force for change ... and I pray it comes peacefully sooner rather than later ... and with as few martyrs as possible because 1 martyr is too many!

    ReplyDelete