Saturday, December 25, 2010

Santa's Apprentice

In the spirit of Christmas, I thought I would blog about my personal favorite Christmas cartoon! I have never seen or heard about this cartoon until just this year, it comes on YTV from 9:00 am - 10:00 am. This show is about an Australian boy named Nicholas who is an orphan doing an internship in Santa's workshop to become the next Santa Clause. I think this show is genius! Its a whole new different idea that no one has thought of coming up with and it is relevant to adults too! I always wonder where they come up with such creative ideas!

 
Previously I use to watch Frosty the Snowman or watch regular shows such as Family Guy or The Simpsons Christmas Specials but Santa's apprentice, this show just takes my views on cartoons to a whole new level. Each day there is a different crisis in Santa's workshop, whether it is temporary elf memory loss, Santa gets kidnapped, the reindeer become cannibals, or even setting up a date with Mr. and Mrs. Clause. Each day is more interesting and more exciting than the day before and really brings me back to my childhood. Now, my main interest in this cartoon is the theme song in the beginning.  The theme song alone is just so catchy, this song woke me up for the whole month of December. It was like someone was whispering sweet nothings in my ear! Kudos to the director and producer of this show seriously, this Christmas was worth waking up early for and its all because of Nicholas. 
 I am saddened that Christmas is over and that Santa's apprentice will not be airing for another year :( . So long Nicholas, see you next year buddy! 

I was unable to upload the theme song onto my blog so here is a direct link if you are interested in listening to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2iwOh4SSqw

If you aren't interested in the song, here are some of the lyrics:

If your name is Nicholas and your heart is pure
You will be the next in line of this you can be sure
You'll be Santa Clause! 

1 comment:

  1. I guess I just got to put something on my to-do list for next December! Based on your review Dee I Ho-HO-Hope it becomes a classic!

    ReplyDelete