Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Beginning of my Journey

So here I am at Charles De Gaulle International Airport in Paris. I am taking a liking to the French people, they are so polite and the airport is beautiful! Also, I can now proudly say I ate a croissant in France! It was so delicious but finished way to soon!
So as I sit here on my stop over I have been thinking about all the feelings I am having. I am having a lot of mixed feelings at this point but my main emotion right now is sadness. I never wanted to leave Toronto. Toronto is my life - my home. So how can someone just pack up and leave home like this, not really knowing where I am going and whose lives I will cross paths with? Although sadness is my deepest emotion at this point, I still try to look on the bright side. My heart is filled with sunshine and love. I am so overwhelmed with the amount of love and beauty that surrounds my life. As I said my goodbyes I found that many people were genuinely saddened for my departure. I questioned myself, have I really touched this many people's lives? I feel extremely honored  and thankful to have so many amazing people in my life who support me, make me feel special and above all, I feel important. 
Distance and time could change many things, but not the bond I have with these special people - at this point, they have become family to me. 

Dear Family, 
I plan on keeping you in my life for a very long time. You haven't seen the last of me yet. I have so much more energy and craziness to offer you. 
Sincerely, 
The girl on the other side of the world who loves you very much. 




As I begin to venture on my new journey, my goal is to find myself and question every path I take and challenge every opportunity I get. I am trying to understand what it is that I need to do in order to reach my satisfaction. This is especially difficult because when I look at my path, it is not a clear view. In fact, my path is very blurry because I am unsure of what I want to do and where I want to be. My plan however is simple; I wish to be amazing. I am going to be epic. I want to make a difference by somehow contributing even a small difference in someone's life. I want to contribute in changing the world. I don't know how I will do this or where I will start but that is my plan. I may not be certain of what I want to do with my life or where I want to be ten years from now but one thing I am certain of is that I wish to dedicate the rest of my life in helping people. 

5 comments:

  1. LOVEEEE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! You've inspired me just now....goosebumps.

    LOVE you!!!!!

    Please keep these blogs coming Mahmooodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog ,keep it up and I know you can do more for the world ,you are one of a million I am really proud of you and God bless you LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dondon u r an amazing friend. We love u and r missing u always. We will never forget about u and will always keep u in our prayers. U have truly made an impact on our lives. Our hearts and arms will always b open for ur return. Hope this year goes by fast we r gana go crazy with u. U keep us alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveeeeee you Dina! You're going to make an impact on the world and this a fact. You have an amazing personality and I like how it can be contagious :) you know I'll always love you no matter what
    Your family first and friend forever Nadia aka Niglet :)

    ReplyDelete